Our client, a major mining concern based in Africa would like to consider applications for their operations in the south of Democratic Republic of the Congo (safe area). Single status with a two year contract fly-in-fly-out position.
- Qualified Trade as Diesel Mechanic / Diesel Electric Fitter / Diesel Auto Electrician.
- Machine technical knowledge and skills on servicing and repairing a fleet of Open Pit mobile equipment is essential – CAT, Liebherr, Bell Equipment and John Deer.
- Must be able to train local people.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Compile accurate customer machine analysis and reports including Machine Inspection Reports (MIR’s) and Technical Analysis Reports (TA’s)
- Basic technical report writing
- Some Computer Literacy
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Applicable product knowledge
- Understanding of supplier warranty systems, policies & procedures.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Quickly and efficiently diagnose machine systems and carry out repairs, services and maintenance on Mobile Mining equipment
- Ensure safe work practices
- Control Contamination
- Control own admin (labour booking, service reports, part returns, expenses etc.)
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Ensure 100% uptime of mobile equipment.
COMPENSATION: The level of compensation that will finally be agreed upon, will depend on the characteristics and experience of the chosen executive, and will be determined through direct negotiation between the candidate and the company. Remuneration will recognize the fact that this position will be an expatriate position.
Do not send any certificates with your application. CVs larger than 1 MB will automatically be deleted.
Please accept that if you have not heard from us within a period of 2 weeks following your application your application has been unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY: Please register and then Apply Online.