Our client likes to review applications for a School Headmaster with international experience for a small private international school based in Honduras, Central America. The school has 40-50 learners on primary and secondary level and employs 6 full time teachers.
The brief of the incumbent would be to implement a Canadian or similar education curriculum at the school and improve the quality of education provided to the learners.
- English speaking and willingness to learn Spanish.
- International experience essential.
- Qualified teacher status (as recognised by a relevant Department for Education).
- Successful completion of significant additional study relating directly to the education of primary and secondary aged pupils and/or the management and organisation of a school.
- Passionate about education and people development – a commitment to delivering an outstanding holistic education to all students.
- Ability to inspire and unite students, staff and parents through being an involved and visible presence on campus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good understanding of International education policies, legislation and compliance.
- Motivating and implementing a suitable international, bilingual junior & senior school curriculum such that students finishing in school will be able to apply for further studies at universities and tertiary institutions from around the world,
- Managing and motivating the teachers (this may include restructuring),
- Maintaining school and pupil discipline & control,
- Organizing sports & extra-curricular activities,
- Ensuring the school has the necessary teaching materials etc.
- Interacting with the parents in the development of the children,
- Implementing an adult basic education program for mine employees,
- Managing the development of the school as a business venture offering places to third parties who will pay for the academic services offered at the school,
- Salary up to $ 4,500 / month, with 10% taxes. 13th and 14th Salary paid in June and December.
- 5 days working week plus additional time during weekends and holidays at no additional cost.
- You will be entitled 21 working days leave / year.
- Medical assistance, Life Insurance, free meals, Three-bedroom house at nominal rate.
- Other benefits available on request.
HOW TO APPLY: Please register and then Apply Online.