This post has expired! It was posted more than 90 days ago.
Data Scientist EHC394 - Johannesburg.
ï To optimize the value out of data.
ï To provide data that is congruent and reliable
ï To extract and/or collect information from various sources (Structured and Unstructured)
ï To distribute and or communicate data/information
ï To analyse data for better understanding about how the business performs with the objective of quantitative identification of business opportunities
ï To innovate ways to look at problems by using data mining
ï To build AI tools that automate certain processes
As a data scientist, you are expected to be a subject matter expert for the business in the following areas:
• Natural Language Processing: the interactions between computers and humans;
• Machine learning: using computers to improve as well as develop algorithms;
• Conceptual modelling: to be able to share and articulate modelling (UML, Enterprise Architecture, Simulation Modelling);
• Predictive modelling: most of the big data problems are towards being able to predict value creating future outcomes;
• UML and or Integrated System Behavioural Modelling for system data requirements for various business projects;
• Hypothesis testing: being able to develop hypothesis and test them with careful experiments. (Statistical, Operations Research, System Dynamics and Theory of Constraints)
• Business Systems Data integration
• Degree in (Engineering/Actuarial Science’s/Statistics/Mathematics) is essential
• Experience in programming languages and platforms, including .Net, C/C#, SQL, HTMS, CSS, Java, PHP, Python, code repositories
• 7-10 years’ extensive database experience with Microsoft SQL 2008 upwards
• Basic understanding of platforms such as XML and Entity Framework, knowledge of N-Tier development will be an advantage
• Experience in Enterprise Architecture (UML)
• Experience in software development life cycle development methodologies (e.g. Agile)
• Basic knowledge of system integration development, API development, web services creation and utilization
• Working knowledge of public cloud platforms (Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Amazon, Google)
• Various languages
• Data engineering/architectural experience
• Must posies impressive data architectural skills with BI solution design and analytics experience
• Seeking a technology agnostic person
• Build enterprise solutions from the ground up
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Identification of cross selling opportunities
• Technology forecasting for identification of business opportunities using multiple sources of transactional data.
• Development of data requirements for business systems and data requirements support
• Designing and Leading Development Operations in building managed data service integrating business systems.
• Supervise or directly write, translate, and code data management and analytics programs, algorithms and applications according to specifications
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas
• Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the data science processes
• Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company web site and/or related web applications as necessary from either a data integration perspective or business intelligence perspective
• Conduct research on data science related technologies, languages, and standards in support of procurement, development efforts future investments
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with products or company solutions
• Converses with, writes strategic documents and creates/delivers presentations to internal business leaders and as well as external groups. Leads discussions with senior leaders and external partners in ways that support strategic planning and decision-making.
• Seeks a consensus with business leaders. Debates opinions, tests understanding and clarifies judgments. Identifies underlying differences and resolves conflict openly and empathetically. Explains the context of multiple, complex inter-related situations. perspectives and advice prior to approving plans and recommendations.
• Studies environmental, business and technological trends and forecasts.
• Differentiates data sources for validity, reliability and credibility.
• Evaluates composite information in relation to its impact on decision-making and strategic implication and steers team toward making informed, sound strategic decisions.
• Own transport and a valid drivers’ license
• High level of energy
• Logical thinker
• Excellent time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Self-confidence and self-driven
• A high level of perseverance
• Be patient, tolerant and diplomatic
• Empathy, ability to identify with the needs of internal and external customers
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Enterprise Architectural skills for software (UML)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong systems modelling skills
• Strong data modelling skills
• Strong mathematical, statistical and operations research modelling skills
• Ability to conduct research into data science-related issues and products and relevant technologies
• Technically proficient
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Preference will be given to BEE female