Airborne Survey Engineer/ Chief Air Operator (EKE064)
Salary: MR highly negotiable
Working hours - 8 - 5 - Weekend Work as well
Willing to Travel - Extensive travel into Africa - as long as project requires
Our client uses a variety of technologies to deliver geospatial information to a range of industries and market sectors. There wide range of services offer support to civil engineering and infrastructure development, mineral exploration and mine management, environmental planning and rehabilitation, as well as urban and agricultural sectors using remote sensing technologies such as Lidar, Aerial Photography, Satellite Imagery, Radar and ground based GPS Surveys.
We are looking for a results-driven leader to manage the planning and execution of local and international projects in the field.
- Windows System Administrator level knowledge including Windows and App installation, configuration, cleanup, debugging, problem solving, networks, etc.
- Basic electrical knowledge in both AC and DC.
- Lidar systems – Optech, Leica or Reigl
- Installation, removal, cleaning, configuration, calibration and operation
- Cameras - RGB, Thermal and Hyperspectral
- Installation, configuration, cleaning, testing and operation.
- Mission Planning
- Data handover and sanity checks
- Coverage checks
- Data integrity and redundancy
- Geospatial knowledge
- Competence working with Map Projections, Survey Datums, conversions, transformations, etc.
- Raw data extraction and backups.
- A minimum of basic level Lidar and image processing using Microstation CAD, TScan, TMatch and TPhoto.
- Ground Survey
- GPS control and check point planning and field operation
- Safety, medical, operations, flight planning, customs, immigration, etc.
- Perform normal Air Operator duties
- Supervise the Air Operators and their outputs.
- Ensure that Air Operators are adequately trained.
- Receive project requests from the Operations Manager and ensure that the mission is flown to the required specifications and is on time.
- Assign Air Operators to projects.
- Implement operating procedures for the Air Operators.
- Provide first response level advice to the Air operators.
- Liaise with hardware & software suppliers for maintenance, fault finding, snag escalation, etc.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Ensure that each sensor is installed correctly, maintained and calibrated.
- Receive feedback from Processing Department regarding the quality of each aerial mission.