Mine Captain/Overseer Underground (Spanish speaking essential).
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a mine overseer/captain to Manage and oversee multiple aspects of an underground mine in Central America.
Essential: Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Valid Blasting Certificate
- Mine Overseer Certificate
- Degree or diploma in Mining Engineering would be an advantage
- 8 Years’ Miner and Shift Supervisor experience within an underground mining operation.
- Plus 5 Years’ production management experience.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Manage safety, quality, production, discipline and costs effectively in terms of the Mine’s Values.
- Manage and execute discipline in accordance with the company disciplinary code.
- Promote adherence to safety, health and environment procedures, identify unsafe and hazardous situations.
- Promote and enforce a culture of statutory compliance. Evaluate negative trends and introduce remedial solutions. Communicate changes where applicable. Monitor and ensure operational adherence to regulations and standards. Ensure implementation of remedial actions.
- Manage, control and improve production and mining operations, including: contractor performance, safety, quality, production, cost and continuous improvement.
- Provide input into the development of the business plan. Analyse business plans and develop functional plans. Ensure operational readiness in terms of executing the business plan.
- Monitor compliance to health and safety legislation, regulation and corporate governance.
- Assess team adherence to disciplinary and behavioural practices and procedures, identify and address deviations.
- Ensure safety is paramount and the Mine is running in line with DMR and other legal requirements.
- Produce daily and weekly reports to the board covering production, safety and any other noteworthy observations and requirements.
Send detailed MS Word CV in ENGLISH.
HOW TO APPLY: Please Register and then Apply Online.