Senior Quantitative Analyst (EKE 172)
Salary: R600k to R900k
Preference will be given to EE Candidates
Commerce / Engineering / Science / Maths / Economics / Stats degree with solid results.
- Other degrees may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Honours degree or higher beneficial, but not required.
- Professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, CA, Actuary) beneficial, but not required
- Solid matric, especially maths and science (A or B preferred).
- 5 years in banking industry preferred including at least three of the following
Credit policy specification
- Scorecard development (application, behavioural or collections)
- Portfolio modelling and reporting
- Impairments modelling and reporting
- Credit risk analytics
- Collections strategy
- Presenting findings to senior business stakeholders
- S trong numeracy
- Strong analytical / problem solving ability
- Track record in working with large and complex data sets (SAS, Matlab, SQL, Excel, etc.)
- Track record in documenting and presenting work; strong presentation skills
- Articulate communicator
- Willing to manage, mentor & influence others (experience here valuable, but not usually required)
- Good understanding of the banking market, financial services, risk, profit & loss
Key Duties and Responsibilities (Broad):
- Analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
- Interpret verbal problem statements and through analytical insight provide implementable solutions using expertise with data management tools and statistical analysis.
- Build and formally present reports by monitoring business performance within the set risk appetite and through analysis.
- Build and refine financial models using software tools
- Report to, monitor and advise operational areas to manage trends through analysis for ad-hoc requirements.
- Increase efficiencies through programming and automating processes.
- Presentation of finding to senior stakeholders and Credit Committees
Please APPLY ONLINE and quote EKE173 in the subject line