Development Manager: Retail - Bryanston
R1.5 – 1.8 million p.a. Negotiable depending on experience.
Our client, seeks a dynamic Retail Development Specialist who has specific experience of the entire retail package both in Gauteng and nationwide. They require someone vibrant and ambitious to work with the Development Director across acquisition, through feasibility, planning and delivery. Of absolute necessity are strong, proven relationships within the Retail Fraternity together with a passion for understanding the retail environment.
- The Development Manager will assist the Development Director to deliver projects from site acquisition through to completion. Responsibilities will include
- Managing external consultants, local authorities, statutory bodies and third parties; monitor
- Report on progress
- Advise on unit mix, layout, design, specification, pricing and marketing.
- Producing and presenting board reports
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of previous retail development projects.
- Strong academic and professional track record including a B.Sc Construction degree.
- Thorough understanding of the development process from inception through to completion.
- Detailed knowledge of the SA Retail market with the ability to foresee and capitalise on opportunities ahead as well as tenant mix
- Possess the necessary personal authority to deal effectively with people at a senior level, both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to alternate between Leader and Team Contributor; Collaborative, team orientated with a positive and open approach
- Results orientated, with strong commercial and financial acumen and poised and articulate with good presentation skills, both written and oral.
- MUST BE JOHANNESBURG BASED at time of application!
HOW TO APPLY: Please register and then Apply Online.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a copy of your current CV and salary details. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only candidates with the aforementioned requirements will be contacted.