Retail Leasing Manager (Greenfield Developments) - Bryanston.
R750 000 – R1 million depending on experience
A leading real estate development company with an extensive existing asset portfolio, and due to significant expansion in further developments, seeks to appoint a leading leasing management professional from the development sector.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in greenfield retail managerial roles. The successful candidate will be overseeing all leasing operations across current developments. They will manage sales and marketing to enhance prospective foot traffic and fulfil occupancy objectives across the property portfolio.
- Manages day-to-day operations of leasing and ensure maximum optimization of resources
- Set up objectives and targets and monitor regularly to ensure all objectives are achieved
- Lease vacant space according to defined retailer mix and target
- Manages all leasing activities including attracting new tenants, vetting prospective clients, rental negotiations and the development of attractive leasing packages
- Continually monitor tenant mix to ensure commercially profitable to the mall
- Fine tuning of retailer mix whenever is possible by visiting prospect regularly and have an updated waiting list
- Execute sales and marketing plans for existing & projected property portfolio
- Oversee and coordinate operations of leasing department
- Vend upcoming properties to anchor tenants in particular
- Report to Development & Marketing Director with amendments to operating procedures
- Enhance value of existing retail assets
- Provide reports on budgets, leasing and forecast
- Liaising with all relevant parties including respective landlords
- Drafting and understanding a wide variety of leases including disclosure agreements
- Rent reviews and lease renewals.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years retail leasing industry experience (Pre-built developments) within a managerial role
- Established relationships with key anchor retail tenants
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
- Intermediate understanding of real estate fundamentals
- Strong business acumen and good technical knowledge of leasing retail facilities from pre-built phase
- Good understanding of mall leasing management
- Strong leasing specific financial acumen
- Good understanding of tenant mix and zoning
- Good understanding of mall operations and associated policies and procedures
Candidates MUST reside in Johannesburg at time of application, preference will be given to those within 20kms of Bryanston.
HOW TO APPLY: Please register and then Apply Online.