Permanent position in the Northern Cape.
MAIN TASK & RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform technical repairs and maintain electrical wiring and electronic components of support vehicles and earth moving equipment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
- Grade 12 / N3
- Certificate Trade Test: Auto Electrician
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
- Minimum 3 years’ post apprenticeship Auto Electrician experience in heavy industrial, mining or plant environment
- Valid code B / EB driver’s license
- Must be able to work shifts and underground.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
- Equipment knowledge (Atlas Copco) (Advantageous).
- Knowledge on air-conditioning maintenance (Advantageous).
- Computer literate / electronic diagnostic tools and systems.
- Perform asset care activities as required to EAMS system, including accurate and timeous feedback and documentation to all stakeholders.
- Maintain, install, do diagnostics and repair auto-electrical equipment per planned maintenance and break-down work orders. Consider direct environment risks.
- Complete daily inspection checklists for tools, equipment and work areas. Report problems and make recommendations to supervisors.
- Obtain information, check for accuracy and capture data. File documents per procedure.
- Comply with safety, health and environmental standards. Identify and report unsafe and hazardous situations in work area. Participate in safety meetings.
- Comply with quality standards and deliver in a manner that supports and meets operational quality standards.
- Contribute to team performance.
- Participate in change initiatives and provide feedback on resistance.
- Propose ideas or practical improvements relevant to tasks.
- Participate in improvement initiatives.
- Participate in planning process for section. Execute plans within standard
- Conduct risk assessment in own area of work and within span of control.
Please Apply Online.