Our Client is looking for a technical sales rep to market and sell High-End computer-controlled Flatbed German manufactured cutting machines for the precise CAD/CAM processing for use in a variety of applications. Advantage if sold in the automobile or engineering industry.
Marketing & promotion
- Responsible for promoting to existing and new customers as well as engaging technically in assessing needs and informing them of the value and benefits of the products.
- Working together with the Marketing Division ensure the product is appropriately marketed to receive the best brand exposure ;
- Conduct detailed market research/ground planning to identify leads and develop a sustainable funnel of prospects and opportunities
- Attend appropriate trade shows in order to promote, demonstrate and meet with potential customers
- Arrange demonstrations and site visits as required
- Develop a clear strategy and sales plan for the product
- Apply proven sales methodologies in disciplined manner
- Schedule sales appointments and activities
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of new and existing customers
- Build and maintain healthy sales funnel according the sales process
- Calculate costing’s and configure offers to generate quotes
- Ensure high sales close ratio versus number of quotations
- Demonstrate excellence in Sales activities
- Exceed monthly sales goals
After Sales Service
- Work with the technical service team to ensure excellence in after sales service
- Daily and weekly input of CRM system to maintain database
- Maintain positive business and customer relationships to prolong customer lifetime value
- Submit weekly reports to the Division Head and Principal
- Report back monthly to divisional Exco meeting
- Matric plus minimum of 4 years consistent Technical SALES experience, no job hoppers!
- Proven track record of success in the sales environment from an Industrial background – advantage if sold in the automobile or engineering industry
- Experience of selling parts for machinery is not negotiable!!!
- MUST be willing and able to travel nationally – VERY NB!!
- Knowledge and experience on computers, MS Office, related design software
- Must have a technical background
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Aptitude for negotiation and persuasion
- Highly motivated, determined, self-driven and target driven
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to produce reports displaying progress
- Ability to create and deliver client presentations
- Must have excellent time management and personal organization skills