CONSTRUCTION MANAGER: RETAIL
R350 000 + Petrol + Benefits + multiple Performance Bonuses + Share Options
Our international top Retailer is looking to expand in South Africa, opening 100 stores in 10 years. As a result, we are looking for an ambitious YOUNG Construction Manager that has a passion for sports, retail and store construction. Do you think you can handle a challenge? Do you want to work for one of the biggest sports retailers in the world with a very unique company culture? Well, then this might be the job tailor-made for you.
• B.Sc or B.Tech Building Science
• 3-5 years’ experience in similar position
• Current Commercial/Retail Construction background ESSENTIAL!
(NO Residential Construction candidates will be considered)
• Be able to manage various sites/contracts simultaneously
• MS Projects, Excel
· QS skills would be highly advantageous
· Driver’s License essential
· Being responsible for the construction of new stores in line with company concepts and local and international best practices.
· Master the job environment: know functionalities of the concept, thorough understanding of job environment (urban planning, fire, labour law
· Ensure technical optimization for each project: understand the three scenario’s (extension, reduction, closure), masterplan drawings validation, draft project risk assessment.
· Detailed cost estimate studies: develop detailed cost estimate tool, create up to date cost database and know how to use it, fill bill of quantities, fill cost estimate sheet of the P&L.
· Scrutiny of basic preliminary design: choose external project manager, Identify the development constraints of the site, get validation of the basic preliminary design documentation.
· Validating the construction permit documentation: communicating technical specifications, choose the external consultants, comply with budget and company standards, validate documentation
· Preparation bidding documentation: choose engineering offices, manage external project manager, validate bill of quantities, validate construction schedule, co-ordinate utilities providers
· Managing bidding process: create contractors database, interpret tender analysis, ensure compliance with regulations, choose contractors, stay within budget, alert variations.
· Ensuring that construction is carried out correctly: meetings, budgets, quality, insurances, etc.
· Guaranteeing opening to the public: key handover, building conformity and opening authorisations
· Guaranteeing construction project closure: as-built files, settle final account, archiving documents.
Only candidates who comply with ALL the above mentioned stipulations will be considered.
All successful candidates will be contacted, if not contacted please consider your application unsuccessful.
This position is open to South Africans ONLY!