Senior bookkeeper to Balance Sheet (Accounting Firm)
R30 000 – 35 000 per month plus benefits
Must come from a working environment in an accounting firm. NOT NEGOTIABLE
We are seeking a senior bookkeeper who will be assigned a dynamic portfolio of clients where you will be required to provide a variety of services ranging from tax and financial statement preparation to monthly services such as VAT and compilation of management accounts. You will also work closely with junior staff who will assist you on certain aspects of your portfolio.
Before reading further: Without this experience your application will not be entertained:
- How many years of Accounting Firm (Consulting) experience do you have?
- How many years of VIP Payroll and Pastel experience do you have?
- How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 7 years bookkeeping experience
- Must come from working environment in an accounting firm - ESSENTIAL
- Must have worked with a portfolio of clients, having been responsible for client correspondence (speaking directly to clients to obtain information etc) as well as correspondence with third parties (eg. Banks).
- Able to gather all financial information required to prepare annual financial statements; drafting of year end journals; preparation of annual financial statements; compilation of tax computation and calculation of tax liability; and compilation of accounting working papers. The above are required for individuals, partnerships, close corporations, small companies and trusts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts on Pastel, including ability to reconcile bank and VAT control account to VAT return where necessary.
- Ability to train junior staff (assign parts of their portfolio to junior staff, and train them to complete the work), as well as assisting juniors with basic accounting concepts.
- Proficient at using Excel, Microsoft Word, VIP Payroll and Pastel.
- Completed or studying towards an accounting diploma/degree with bookkeeping skills
Desirable skills or attributes
- Completion of VAT returns would be an advantage.
- Experience with farmers and farming tax would be an advantage.
- An organised individual who is able to take responsibility for their portfolio with minimum supervision and multi task where necessary.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Candidate would be responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts (to prepare VAT returns),
- Final trial balances,
- Financial statements and tax computations for a portfolio of clients, in order to meet client, SARS and any other deadlines.
- Candidate would be required to manage their time through an electronic timekeeping system (timesheets), and be responsible for monitoring the costs on the client jobs assigned to him/her.