Nurse : Medical Assistance Centre
Upper endof market related salary + substantial additional benefits
The coordinating nurse position offers an opportunity for professional and eager nurses to develop their skills in an entirely different area of nursing.
This is an excellent opportunity to move out of a hands-on clinical role, whilst still utilising your medical knowledge, experience and skills by offering medical assessment over the phone with a strong customer service focus.
You will be involved in providing medical advice, referrals, monitoring patient care, liaising with medical professionals at an international level and patient movements such as evacuations and repatriations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Not negotiable)
****NB:*** Unit Manager or similar level Nurse Manager experience ESSENTIAL
· B. Cur (Nursing) or Diploma in Nursing
· Registered Nurse - South African Nursing Council (SANC)
· Minimum of 5 years post education working experience as a registered nurse
· At least 3 years Trauma / ICU exposure
· Experience in Occupational Health, Work Place Health, or Maritime medical assistance preferred
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Fully computer literate
· Able to work shifts
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Responsibility for medical due diligence and case direction with respect to designated medical assistance cases.
· Responsibility for designated ongoing medical related tasks required on all medical assistance cases.
· Assess each designated case with respect to its medical elements and provide direction in order to facilitate medical due diligence and render the appropriate assistance.
· Provision of assistance with referrals and retrospective claims assessments as required.
· Responsibility for ensuring that there is an appropriate medical handover of cases at the beginning/end of each shift.
· Provide clear case direction at the transmission handover process in the Assistance centre each day.
· Direct the medical frequency /intensity of medical contacts with treating Doctors, Clients, patients and their family members as appropriate.
· Direct the planning and progress of medical hospitalisation cases.
· Oversee the planning and progress of operational issues relating to medical case management.
· Receive and assess relevant medically related calls received from clients. Collect logistical, medical and collateral histories pertaining to the medical event/incident.
· Provide telephone medical assessment of designated patients in all parts of the world, assess and monitor the appropriateness of the treatment where they are located in conjunction with the Medical Director, Nurse Manager and Coordinating Doctors.
· Give advice to callers, relatives, employers, employees, insurance companies and other clients.
· Organise and supervise appropriate medical assistance for designated clients. This includes obtaining medical reports, organising referrals, monitoring the patient’s conditions, recommending appropriate means of medical transportation, and monitoring the progress of such.
· Obtain medical reports from treating medical staff to ascertain the suitability of patient’s treatment, monitor medical care and co-ordinate the patient’s needs for transport as appropriate.
· Providing medical referrals in the regions covered / serviced by the Assistance Centers.
· Conduct intermittent site surveys (review of medical facilities) to add to our network of medical providers as appropriate.
· Medical Liaison & Reporting
· Workhealth Services within the OHSA and IADC guidelines