Lecturer: Mineralogy (EKE295)
R30 000 – R52 000 per month CTC
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lecture modules at undergraduate and post-graduate level in mineralogy and applied mineralogy.
- Perform high quality research in the field of specialisation.
- Coordinate and lead student field trips.
- Supervise honoursand masters in the case of the appointment on senior lecture level.
- Assist with the maintenance and operations of the department research equipment.
- Perform Ad-hoc tasks as and when required by the Head of Department from time to time.
- M.Sc. degree in Geology with completed research that is clearly focused on mineralogy or applied mineralogy.
- Proven experience in the presentation of research papers at national or international conferences.
- A good academic record that will allow for an entry into a PhD studies.
- Valid driver’s license.
Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and, the ability to function well in the university’s richly diverse working environment.
Good research and research supervision skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- General managerial skills.
- Lecturing skills.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Business Acumen.
- Result Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Building Coalitions.
Willi ng to enrol for a doctoral degree at the first available opportunity, if not yet attained by the time of the appointment.
- Proven record of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication, ideally in an accredited journal.
- Registration as a professional natural scientist with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (or an equivalent professional body).
- Proven lecturing and research experience at a higher education institution.
Please Apply Online and quote EKE295 in the subject line.