Lecturer: Microbial (EKE301) - Bloemfontein
R35 000 – R52 000 per month CTC
5 years’ contract
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lecture modules at undergraduate and post-graduate level.
- Perform high quality research in the field of pathogenic yeasts.
- Provide study supervision to postgraduate students.
- Assist with the maintenance and operations of the department research equipment.
- Perform Ad-hoc task as and when required form the Head of the Department from time to time.
- M.Sc degree in Microbiology with specialisation in molecular biology or immunology or microbial pathogenesis.
- Proven experience in the presentation of research papers at national or international conferences.
- A good academic record.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to function well in the university’s richly diverse working environment.
- Good research and research supervision skills.
- Good academic writing skills.
- General managerial skills.
- Lecturing skills.
- Result Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Leadership Skills.
- Willing to enrol for a doctoral degree in Microbiology at the first available opportunity, if not yet attained by the time of the appointment.
- Proven record of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication, ideally in an accredited journal.
- Proven experience in the teaching of Microbiology in undergraduate or postgraduate.
Please Apply Online and quote EKE301 in the subject line