Senior Lecturer: Microbial (EKE302) - Bloemfontein
R45 000 – R58 000 per month CTC
5 years’ contract
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lecture modules at undergraduate and post-graduate level.
- Perform high quality research in the field of pathogenic yeasts.
- Provide study supervision to postgraduate students.
- Assist with the maintenance and operations of the department research equipment.
- Perform Ad-hoc task as and when required form the Head of the Department from time to time.
- A PhD degree in Microbiology with specialisation in molecular biology or immunology or microbial pathogenesis.
- An NRF rating or demonstrate potential for obtaining an NRF rating.
- Proven research record of relevant publications in ISI accredited journals.
- Proven experience in the supervision of graduated MSc and preferably PhD students.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to function well in the university’s richly diverse working environment.
- Good research and research supervision skills.
- Good academic writing skills.
- General managerial skills.
- Lecturing skills.
- Result Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Leadership Skills.
- Senior lecturer:
- A proven research record in the field of molecular biology or immunology or microbial pathogenesis.
- Evidence of research grant applications.
- Experience as external examiner for postgraduate students.
- Proven experience in the teaching of Microbiology in undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Please Apply Online and quote EKE302 in the subject line