Data Analyst (EKE306)
R29000 – R35 000 per month CTC
- Responsible for conceptualising and developing data
- Assist during all phases of research projects, including conceptualisation, data collection, processing, analysis and report writing.
- The position requires particular proficiency in statistical analyses and modelling.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in institutional and national projects on the conceptualisation and development of data- and learning analytics.
- Assist with conceptualisation and planning for the range of student engagement projects at the institution (and where applicable for national research projects), as well as assist with planning for other research projects
- Assist with the development of the relevant survey instruments for the abovementioned projects, both online and for paper-and-pencil surveys.
- Collaborate with other researchers on data related research and analysis.
- Ensure integrity of the data collected through the implementation of rigorous data management and cleaning processes.
- Participate in decision making processes related to the design, data collection, data analysis, and methodology of the research projects.
- Conduct descriptive, inferential analyses, and modelling as needed for the abovementioned projects.
- Collaborate with other researchers to ensure the quality and integrity of the data analysis procedures.
- Interpret results from the abovementioned and draft reports based on findings.
- Coordinate the quality assurance processes related to the research projects.
- Present findings from research in appropriate fora (including conferences and journal publications).
- Conduct online and face to face workshops to disseminate research findings.
- Mentor and train other staff members regarding statistical analysis.
- Applicable Honours degree.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ relevant experience with statistical analysis and modelling.
- Proficient in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g. SAS, SPSS and R).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Above average written and oral communication proficiency in the official administrative language of the institution.
- Experience in different research processes (conceptualisation, design, data collection, data analysis, and dissemination).
- Proficient in computer skills in order to write reports and develop PowerPoint presentations (MS Word, Excel and Power point).
- Demonstrate understanding of a broad range of statistical models and procedures.
- Demonstrate an interest in developing data analytics in the higher education sector.
- Able to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and able to work well under pressure.
- Able to work independently, under supervision, and be a team player.
- Responsible and able to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Experience in academic writing, including reports.
- Applicable Master's degree.
- Experience in the higher education environment.
- Advanced experience in using statistical software as well as Microsoft Office.
- Advanced experience in data analytics (including experience using different statistical modelling methods).
- Experience in the use of online survey software (e.g. Questback, SurveyMonkey; and Evasys)
Please Apply Online and quote EKE306 in the subject line