Campus Vice-Principal: Academic and Research ( EKE307)
Qwaqwa Campus, Eastern Free State
R highly negotiable
Duties and responsibilities:
Provide administrative leadership and general management in the following areas:
- Student Academic Services;
- Library and Information Services;
- Examination Division;
- Faculties Assistant Deans on Campus;
- Other related matters as required to support the Campus Principal.
- Responsible for academic planning and development.
- Responsible for co-ordinating all campus graduations.
- Lead and support research development.
- Provide strategic leadership for the recently launched Research Unit.
- Work closely with the local community, business, government and other relevant organisations.
- Work closely with various local and international research linkages.
- Utilise knowledge and experience gained to strengthen engaged research initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with Deans and Registars to ensure seamless delivery of service within relevant portfolios.
- Develop and guide cohort of young academics and researchers.
- Proven academic and research track record.
- Five (5) years’ high level experience in academic and research management.
- Has a credible research record which allows institution to consider the preferred candidate to be appointed at least on an Associate Professor.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of university governance structures and academic trends in higher education.
- Decision-making, supervisory, management and leadership skills.
Apply Online and quote EKE307 in the subject line or apply online