Senior Lecturer: Faculty of Education (EKE338/2504) in Bloemfontein
R580 – R705 000 per annum
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide formal teaching for undergraduate as well as post-graduate programmes. This includes but is not limited to: lectures, tutorials, practical work, seminars, preparation and assessment.
- Act as a supervisor for postgraduate students.
- Ensure active involvement in research.
- Coordinate Faculty marketing and teaching practice activities.
- Liaise with relevant offices to ensure efficient service to students and staff.
- Ensure active involvement in curriculum development relating to Research Methodology, Educational Psychology, Education Policy, Curriculum Studies or Educational Management and Leadership modules.
- As Head of School: Responsible for continuous planning and execution of teaching and research strategies, general organising and coordinating of administrative duties, mentoring, and motivating staff, managing finances (e.g. annual budgeting, allocation of funds) of the School.
- PhD in Comparative Education and Education Policy/ Educational Psychology/Curriculum Studies, Education Management or Philosophy of Education Studies.
- Proven experience in the presentation of papers at national scholarly conferences.
- Proven national recognition for specialist expertise and research in a specific area of scholarship.
- An NRF rating or demonstrate potential for obtaining an NRF rating.
- Proven experience in supervision of graduated master’s students.
- A proven research record of relevant publications in national and international accredited journals.
- Proven experience of service as an active member of a national or international scholarly society or committee or agency concerned with research at higher education levels.
- Specialisation and/or experience in different research methodologies.
- Knowledge of assessment and alternative assessment practices and willingness to attend training sessions in this regard.
Closing date: 18October 2018.
Please Apply Online and quote EKE338/2504 in the subject line