Our client, a leading international Gold and Platinum Mining Group is looking for an experienced and qualified Unit Manager - Enterprise & Supplier Development Specialist (Innovation and Incubation) to join their Supply Chain Department at their corporate offices near Westonaria.
The appointee should:
- Have a Degree or B-Tech in Commerce or Business Management
- Have a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in business incubation or equivalent
- Have experience in Procurement /Supply Chain/ Enterprise and Supplier Development.
- Possess In-depth knowledge of legislation-BBBEE, MPRDA, PPPFA, Mining Charter and other applicable legislation.
- Have experience of being involved in the BBBEE verification process.
- Possess evidence of the introduction of innovation/innovative practices as an incubator.
- Have been exposed to a range of business incubation models internationally, especially in developing countries and emerging markets and knowledge about best international practices.
- Have practical experience working with business enterprises and providing training and capacity building services.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish and oversees the day-to-day operation of a business incubator facility, including marketing the facility, recruiting potential incubatees and seek potential funding sources.
- Develop the mentorship network for the incubation program and work with mentors to make the incubated venture successful.
- Work collaboratively with the internal operations team and service providers to oversee and facilitate the operations of the incubator.
- Work with existing and prospective entrepreneurs to develop a pipeline of traditional incubator ready businesses for further development and acceleration to impact the local mining economy.
- Develop new ventures or current existing ventures into self-sufficient suppliers that can be integrated into the supply chain of the company.
- Accelerate and capacitate already existing, highly-potential local companies to access highly profitable procurement opportunities.
- Create a platform where the supply chain needs of the company can be matched with the products and services of the local SME sector.
- Develop the resources and operating models of local SMEs to the point where they are able to offer commercially viable alternative to large corporates and large foreign suppliers of goods and services.
- Facilitate entrepreneurial processes where ideas are shaped using guided management and technical assistance into successful commercial business by providing shared physical space and business support services to new and existing local HDSA companies.