Group Financial Manager
R1 080,000 CTC p.a.
The Group FM will work in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer; manage the book keeping team; and to obtain financial data in order to compile reports based on the financial performance of the Group
· CA (SA)
· 8 years of experience in a senior level Finance or Accounting position
· 4 years in senior management
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Understand business ethics and values
· In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
· In depth knowledge of current trends and requirements of financial reporting (e.g. IFRS)
· Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
· Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. VIP)
· Strong leadership and organizational skills
· Excellent communication and people skills
· An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated
· Knowledge of strategic planning and management skills
· Knowledge of transformation and change management principles
In-depth understanding of policy conceptualisation, analysis and implementation
· To ensure the cost effective allocation of organisational resources,
· Preparation of Group and individual entity budgets,
· Submit Group Annual statutory financial statements,
· Submit Group Statutory tax returns
· Interpret and execute strategy into a departmental plan with specific objectives and targets,
· Ensure that the strategic plan is relevant within context of the current economic environment,
· To effectively manage all deviations from the strategic plan.
· Adhere to policies and procedures, as well as legislative requirements,
· Adhere to business ethics and values
· Enforce departmental procedures in support of the business strategy
· To manage and control deviations from departmental governance as defined by the CFO
· To ensure adherence to HR policies and governance in regards to the employment relationship, including all employee and industrial relations,
· Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans,
· Represent Company at public functions, events or external meetings,
· Conduct and chair departmental meeting,
· Determine key objectives and targets for each section within the finance function as set by CFO,
· Ensure effective organisational structures, sufficient resources and effective business processes for each section to achieve its objective,
· Assist the CFO with the development of financial and tax strategies,
· Assist with the formulation, communication and implementation of the financial policies,
· Responsible for the integrity of financial information and financial systems.
· To ensure any and all deviation from all financial projects are only as formally set out by the CFO,
· To ensure deviations to time, budget and scope of project programs are as set by the CFO,
· Ensure that the fraud prevention plan as set by the CFO is operational and constantly adhered to without deviance.
· Assist in the recruitment and on-boarding of finance employees,
· Initiate disciplinary action for employees that are non-compliant with objectives, policies and procedures,
· Ensure a continuous high level of staff morale as well as ensuring a low level of staff turnover,
· Create and maintain a succession plan for the finance department,
· Ensure adherence to HR policies and governance.
· Adherence to report requirements as set out by CFO,
· Compile and present all reports to the CFO, keeping him/her appropriately informed of the budget position,
· Timeously delivery of reports
DISCLAIMER: Only candidates who comply with ALL the above mentioned stipulations will be considered.
All successful candidates will be contacted, if not contacted please consider your application unsuccessful.