Senior Metallurgist (Gold Mining experience).
Permanent position available for a Senior Metallurgist in Mpumalanga.
The Senior Metallurgist reports directly to the Operations Manager and works closely with the Group Metallurgist. This position is responsible for all the technical / metallurgical aspects of the operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in metallurgical or chemical engineering;
- Minimum ten (10) years of metallurgical experience in gold processing
- Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Lead, direct, and support all aspects of laboratory test work
- Develop and manage metallurgical operations and work practices that maximize operational efficiencies;
- Improve plant operating performance; reduce waste and delays; promote cost reductions; and achieve ahigh level of operating efficiency;
- Evaluate current and potential processing improvement methods;
- Monitor and analyze key metallurgical performance indicators of process operations and recommend corrective actions to the operations team;
- Manage metallurgical engineering activities working with the operations team and external consultants;
- Create and distribute monthly metallurgical and engineering reports;
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices;
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables;
- Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
HOW TO APPLY: Please register and then Apply Online.