Corporate Legal Counsel - Junior
$20 400 to $27 600 PER YEAR (Based in Mauritius) or
$ 50 000 to $60 000 PER YEAR (Based in South Africa Must relocate to Mauritius.)
As a member of the Legal team, provide legal counsel and advice on all associated legal and contractual activities of the Group, its subsidiaries, joint ventures and alliances in the Africa region, including international and domestic commercial contracts, leases, tender documents and other commercial arrangements.
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
* LLB, LLM and/or Master.
* PQE 2-4 years of related/practical legal experience in a law firm or in the legal department of a multi-national corporation.
* Admitted to the Bar Association of his/her country of residence.
• Written and oral English proficiency with outstanding drafting and communication skills.
• Fluency in Portuguese and/or French is a requirement.
Required Skills and Knowledge(
• Good legal (contract law), commercial and business skills.
• Prior experience responding to tenders / RFPs and knowledge of oil and gas, construction / engineering and mining industries desirable, but not essential.
• Efficient and well organized.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision across international boundaries and liaise effectively on a remote basis.
• Good analytical and examination skills, attention to detail and an ability to propose creative options and make recommendations that balance creativity, practicality and business acumen within a legal, risk management and compliance framework.
• Strong decision-making capabilities with a keen interest in gathering the opinions of others and objectively assessing and considering them.
• Good negotiations skills and team player, with excellent work ethics and high level of professionalism. Ability to influence stakeholders to comply with competing commercial processes.
• Results driven and self-motivated.
• Strategic skills, but willing to be hands-on and operational – a “do-er”.
• Persuasive, articulate and able to work with and influence people at all levels.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Customer centric and commercially minded.
• Culturally sensitivity and effective in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Assertive, resilient and patient.
• High level of PC literacy (especially Microsoft Office suite).