Permanent position in the Engineering sector for a Regional Sales Manager in Morocco or Egypt, Middle East, North Africa.
Reports to the Business Line Manager – Aggregate and Mining.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The Independent Contractor will in his/her capacity as a Regional Sales Manager assumes full responsibility for the execution of the capital and aftermarket sales strategy in the assigned territory or as requested by the Business Line Manager.
- Completed Mechanical Engineering degree/diploma or 5-10 years experiencing in similar role.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Multilingual - English, French & Arabic proficiency
- A proven track record in sales and a developed business acumen supported by an excellent understanding of the regional aggregate and mining market.
- 5-10 years technical Crushing & Screening product sales & application experience.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial contracts negotiation including pricing, cash flow management, payment terms, and warranties
- Engaging with customers technically and commercially at multiple levels
- Proven ability in planning and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment
- COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: Intermediate level competence on MS Office; Experience in preparation of aggregate and mining process flows in Aggflow or similar package; Experience on AX ERP system will be an advantage
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine the sales targets and budgets for the Company’s products in the assigned international market and providing leadership to meet these targets effectively
- Maintain currently held active customer accounts, identify and engage with non-active customers and identifies, quantifies and recommends new markets/product opportunities suitable for the Company range of products and service.
- Provides direction and assistance in development of new business opportunities for the Company products
- Be the primary contact to customers & dealers on product sales, service support, engineering and warranty related matters.
- Support the Business Line Manager in mapping the preferred channel to market and identifying evaluating potential dealers suitable to maximize the Company’s market penetration.
- Directs technical and commercial preliminary inquiry review of client specification to determine company’s capability to meet expectation.
- Management and performance assessment of dealers performance
- Support dealers with aggflow designs and layouts
- Undertake plant inspections
- Reviews proposals for technical approach consistent with corporate technical capabilities and in compliance with budget/margin requirements.
- Ensure the completion and timeous submission of required documents e.g., Expression of interest, submission of pre-qualification and official tender.
- Evaluation of tender document providing guidance to the business and relevant stakeholders as to lead disciplines and appropriate submission requirements.
- Minimise the organisations exposure and risk on bids in regards to Application, Financial and Governance of contract.
- Manage a realistic and updated bid program ensuring bid progress is aligned with required time frames.
- Establishing the bid price aligned with the scope. Where required the bid technical and commercial summary to be presented and approved by the Bid Review Committee ( BRC)
- Collate the required documents and information and prepare a cohesive tender submission in line with the agreed bid strategy.
- Support regions and participate in regional exhibition and conferences
- Ensure company and bid compliances are met and prepare required documentation for approval and sign off where required.
- Maintain a knowledge base of bids, Tender trends, pricing etc..
- Gather, analyse and report on market intelligence
- Ensure the Sales pipeline is maintained and the CRM is updated with the latest status of the enquiry.
- Submission of monthly sales reports - including market activity; sales pipeline & revenue forecast
- Ensure that pricing strategies are clearly communicated to Regional Sales Managers and Dealers
- Update the dealers and customers on new products, upgrades and modifications
- Maintain expert level of product and application knowledge
- Travel to project sites, attend site and project progress meetings as and when required
- Maintain a professional business relationship with all internal and external stake holders.
- Participate in strategy sessions and implementation thereof
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage expenses in line with company policy and as defined in the service provider contract
- Willingness to travel extensively regionally and Internationally when required
- An affinity for solution based outcome
- Potential to network within business communities.
- Good understanding of costing and pricing.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an environment of constant pressure and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct technical and sales presentations to a diverse audience
- Task driven and self-motivated individual with a strong sense of customer service.
- A natural ability to work with a diverse group of personalities
- A good understanding of technical selling and ability to close deals based on value selling.