Contract FIFO position in the mining sector in the south of Democratic Republic of the Congo (safe area). Single status position with a six day working week. Reports to the Concentrator Manager.
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have prior mining industry experience. (This is a crucial requirement and not negotiable).
Tax free salary plus benefits, depending on qualifications and experience.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- +7 years experience in a conventional and refurbished copper/cobalt concentrator that uses gyratory crushers, ball mills, regrind mills and aerated flotation cells
- Manage the concentrator and all associated staff on backshift
- Must have management/supervisory experience and have been exposed to HR policy, disciplinary procedures, HSE policy
- Must be an aspiring manager/superintendent capable of motivating a workforce to achieve clearly defined targets and to have an understanding of Concentrator principles
- Ability to deliver/produce oxide and sulphide concentrate within business parameters
- Knowledgeable in general concentrator maintenance and knows when/how to initiate call-outs
- Ability to drive performance during night shifts, complete handovers to dayshift Operations and Maintenance
- Previous experience as an expatriate in Africa will be advantageous
- Ability to train and motivate Congolese Nationals
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Must be a “go-getter” who wants or believes that he can perform at elevated levels if an opportunity presents itself after he has demonstrated performance
- Must be a safety leader and work toward building a culture of safety in concentrator operations
HOW TO APPLY:
Different Agencies advertise on the website, so please do not use the website contact email address/Form to apply. Please register and then click on the Apply Online button and attach your MS Word CV for consideration. Your application will be send directly to the Recruitment Consultant handling the position.