Purpose Of The Job:
To ensure that all departments in the company apply basic internal control principles of protection of assets; proper authorisation; segregation of duties and reliability of reporting systems.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- Min B.Com (Hons)(Accounting / Internal Auditing) Degree
- Articles (with the auditing firms)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or progress towards
Experience and Skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Internal Auditing
- Chemical and/ Mining industry experience
Extensive knowledge of the following:
- IT systems e.g. JDE
- ACL (Data interrogation software) or CAATS
- Teammate (audit management software)
Key Performance Areas
- Manage a team of internal auditors based in Richards Bay and Phalaborwa
- Review audit files ensuring compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and approved audit methodology.
- Prepare and/ review audit reports for finalisation with senior and executive management.
- On-going monitoring of resolution of audit findings.
- Manage the approved Annual Audit Plan