Customer Support Engineer
Cape Town, Woodstock
R17000 – R20000 per month
Included in CTC:
Medical aid, provident fund and group life
Additional: annual bonus based on performance.
- Minimum 4 yrs. related work experience
- At least three years’ experience in a #desktop #support environment
- #VMware ESX / VDI experience advantageous
- MS Windows XP and Office experience
- Any experience in #CISCO, #Avaya, NICE and Radical would be an advantage.
- Must have own transport (will be required to travel in between sites in Cape Town)
- Call centre or similar large corporate enterprise
- Project experience- advantageous
- Experience in managing a team of #Desktop #Engineers/ Customer Support Engineers
- Willing and able to work on Standby (when required).
- The primary responsibility of Support Engineers is to provide a service to internal clients to ensure that the IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to end users by managing incidents to resolution.
- The Support Engineer focuses on first line support for standard and low complexity incidents, requests, problems and events.
In this position, you will be required to:
1. Ensure that assigned infrastructure is configured, installed, tested and operational according to business requirements.
2. Identify the root cause of incidents, events and problems taking full ownership for managing the incident, event or problem to resolution.
3. Develop a workaround plan and ensure the implementation of a resolution and recovery.
- Oral and Written
- Problem Solving
- Technical Expertise
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising
Our client is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 50 countries and more than 30 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on our client to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.