Team Leader: Customer Support Engineer (CPT)
Cape Town, Woodstock
R20 000 – R27000 per month
Including in CTC: Medical Aid, Provident fund, group life, standby allowance, laptop, cellphone and 3G
Additional: Annual bonus based on performance.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Ensure that the IT Service Desk is optimally staffed and contribute to the training and development of the IT Service Desk team.
- Contribute to the problem management process by recording the problem description, priority and severity and ensure that incidents are correctly logged, categorised, investigated and resolved.
- Report on process issues or improvement opportunities and produce reports necessary to manage the process and maintain expected service levels.
- Minimum 4 yrs. related work experience
- At least three years’ experience in a desktop support environment
- VMware ESX / VDI experience advantageous
- MS Windows XP and Office experience
- Any experience in CISCO, Avaya, NICE and Radical would be an advantage.
- Oral and Written
- Problem Solving
- Attention to detail
- This position is responsible for providing day to day support on all internal hardware and software products within the scope of work of the role. Liaising between on-site IT and Operations team and SDM with regards to issues and escalations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Query Resolution
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with the client on behalf of our client.
- Resolves all calls logged by the call centre agents and Back Office staff, relating to desktop issues and ensuring done within SLA
- Escalates calls to the relative parties.
- Installs Desktop and Server Platforms
- Confirms Call resolution with client before resolving of the call on Radical.
- Retrieves calls emanating from the Business unit on the NICE or other voice logger.
- Investigates and reports on incidents relating to server, desktop and telephony queries and systems
- Liaises with 3rd party vendors to resolve escalated and problems and queries.
- Updates all Radical calls timeously with a complete audit trail of actions and events, follows up on escalated calls to ensure completion and feedback.
- Comply to the client’s accepted ITIL based Industry best practices.
- Ongoing coaching and support of direct reports
- Day to day management of direct reports’ performance
- Documents direct reports’ Personal Development Plans
- Provides regular feedback on performance
- Develops performance promises for all direct reports and conducts midyear and annual reviews
- Ensure that all Human Resources policies and procedures are observed.
- Maintains service and quality levels according to our client’s business standards, processes and procedures.
- Documents Standard Operating procedures and processes relating to client specific systems.
- Manages the client’s expectations with regards to break-fix calls and service requests.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 50 countries and more than 30 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on our client to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.