Junior Desktop Support Engineer (MKT176)
R13000 – R15000 per month
Position immediately available for a Junior Desktop Support Engineer to be based on client site in Rosebank.
- Ideally you should have your own vehicle, have previous experience in a Microsoft environment, diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues and installing applications and programs.
- In this role you would be responsible for resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You need to be comfortable providing support telephonically and via messengers.
- To be qualified for this role, you should hold a qualification in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
- Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve
- solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal